Posted at 3:12 pm , on July 2, 2018
Oh my goodness friends, the notes in my phone are OUT OF CONTROL!!
If I read an article, book, or even an Instagram caption that speaks to me I will write it down in a note. I typically pull from these quotes or thoughts to write my blog posts or post my own captions on Instagram.
Today I had this thought that I want to post things as they come to me instead of having them planned out in advance, or instead of seeking that perfect photo to snap to go along with the words I have in mind to share. It’s an effort to be more present; to share what’s currently rumbling through my heart and head.
So this is where I’ve chosen to dump all the little tidbits I’ve previously gathered.
Get ready to read. Are you set? GO!
Posted at 7:01 pm , on January 24, 2018
- A senior in high school, getting mainly A’s (with that one C – always in science), also holds a part time job. She has a boyfriend, attends Young Life once a week, and fills her “extra” time with friends.
- Fresh out of high school, an apartment to pay for, working a full-time job, still dating that same guy, and fills her “extra” time with friends.
- Young twenties, newly married, working full-time at a high stress job, actively attending church (often two times a week), fills her “extra” time with friends and family.
- Mid-twenties, still married, stay-at-home momma to two under two, attends and/or organizes play dates, makes a small income from side projects, attends church + small group, and fills her “extra” time with friends and family.
- Today, in her late twenties, her life looks a lot like the last description.
What do all of these phases of her life have in common?
A gal who has always felt too busy, with little room to spend on self care/love. Continue reading